Selected Recent Publications
Li P, Beck WD, Callahan PM, Terry AV Jr., Bartlett MG. Pharmacokinetics of
cotinine in rats: A potential therapeutic agent for disorders of cognitive function
Pharmacological Reports 67: 494–500, 2015.
Hernandez CM, Beck WD Naughton SX, Poddar P, Adam BL, Yanasak N, Middleton C,
and Terry AV Jr. Repeated exposure to chlorpyrifos leads to prolonged impairments
of axonal transport in the living rodent brain.
Neurotoxicology 47:17-26, 2015.
Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM, Schade R, Kille NJ, Plagenhoef M. Alpha 2A adrenergic
receptor agonist, guanfacine, attenuates cocaine-related impairments of inhibitory
response control and working memory in animal models.
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 352:405-418, 2015.
Terry AV, Callahan PM, Bertrand D. R-(+) - and S-(-) - Isomers of Cotinine Augment
Cholinergic Responses in vitro and in vivo.
Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 126: 63-72, 2014.
Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM, Beck WD, Vandenhuerk L, Sinha S, Bouchard K, Schade R,
Waller JL Repeated exposures to diisopropylfluorophosphate result in impairments
of sustained attention and persistent alterations of inhibitory response control
Neurotoxicology and Teratology 44:18-29, 2014.
Gao J, Adam BL, Terry AV Jr. Evaluation of nicotine and cotinine analogs
as potential neuroprotective agents for Alzheimer's disease.
Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 24:1472-1478, 2014.
Callahan PM, Terry AV Jr, Tehim A. Effects of the nicotinic α7 receptor
partial agonist GTS-21 on NMDA-glutamatergic receptor related deficits in
sensorimotor gating and recognition memory in rats.
Psychopharmacology 231:3695-3706, 2014.
Hutchings EJ, Waller JL, and Terry AV Jr. Differential chronic effects of
haloperidol and risperidone on the acquisition and performance of tasks of
spatial working/short term memory and sustained attention in rats.
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 347:547-556, 2013
Wilson CA, and Terry AV Jr. Variable Maternal Stress in Rats Alters Locomotor
Activity, Social Behavior, and Recognition Memory in the Adult Offspring.
Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 104: 47-61, 2013
Callahan PM, Hutchings EJ, Kille NJ, Chapman JM, and Terry AV Jr. Positive
allosteric modulator of alpha 7 nicotinic-acetylcholine receptors, PNU-120596
augments the effects of donepezil on learning and memory in aged rodents and
Neuropharmacology 67:201-212, 2013.
Wilson CA, Vazdarjanova A, Terry AV Jr. Exposure to variable prenatal stress in rats:
Effects on anxiety-related behaviors, innate and contextual fear, and fear extinction.
Behavioral Brain Research 238:279-288, 2013.
Terry AV Jr, Buccafusco JJ, Schade RF, Vandenhuerk L, Callahan PM, Beck WD, Hutchings EJ,
Chapman JM, Li P, Bartlett MG The nicotine metabolite, cotinine, attenuates glutamate (NMDA)
antagonist-related effects on the performance of the five choice serial reaction time task
(5C-SRTT) in rats.
Biochemical Pharmacology 83:941-951, 2012.
Wilson CA, Schade R, Terry AV Jr. Variable prenatal stress results in impairments of sustained
attention and inhibitory response control in a 5-choice serial reaction time task in rats.
Neuroscience 218:126-137, 2012.
- Terry AV Jr, Beck WD, Warner S, Vandenhuerk L, Callahan PM Chronic impairments in spatial learning
and memory in rats previously exposed to chlorpyrfos or diisopropylfluorophosphate. Neurotoxicolology
and Teratology 34:1-8, 2012.
- Terry AV Jr, Buccafusco JJ, Schade RF, Vandenhuerk L, Callahan PM, Beck WD, Hutchings EJ, Chapman JM, Li P, Bartlett MG The nicotine metabolite, cotinine, attenuates glutamate (NMDA)
antagonist-related effects on the performance of the five choice serial reaction time task (5C-SRTT) in rats. Biochemical Pharmacology 83:941-951, 2012.
- Webster SJ, Mruthinti S, Hill WD, Buccafusco JJ, Terry AV Jr. An aqueous orally active vaccine targeted against a RAGE-AB complex as a novel therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease. NeuroMolecular Medicine 14:119-130, 2012.
- Wilson CA, Schade R, Terry AV Jr. Variable prenatal stress results in impairments of sustained attention and inhibitory response control in a 5-choice serial reaction time task in rats. Neuroscience 218:126-137, 2012
- Terry AV Jr, Buccafusco JJ, Gearhart DA, Beck WD, Middlemore-Risher ML, Truan JN,
Schwarz GM, Xu M, Barlett MG, Kutiyanawala A, Pillai A. Repeated, intermittent
exposures to diisopropylfluorophosphate in rats: protracted effects on cholinergic
markers, nerve growth factor-related proteins, and cognitive function. Neuroscience 176:237-253, 2011.
- Wallace TL, Callahan PM, Tehim A, Bertrand D, Tombaugh G, Wang S, Xie W, Rowe WB,
Ong V, Graham E, Terry AV, Rodefer JS, Herbert B, Murray M, Porter R, Santarelli L,
Lowe DA. RG3487, a Novel Nicotinic Alpha7 Receptor Partial Agonist, Improves Cognition
and Sensorimotor Gating in Rodents. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 336: 242-253, 2011.
- Terry AV, Buccafusco JJ, Herman EJ, Callahan PM, Beck WD, Warner S, Vandenhuerk L, Bouchard K, Schwarz GM,
Gao J, Chapman JM. Prototypical ranitidine analog, JWS-USC-75-IX, improves information processing and cognitive
function in animal models. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 336:751-766, 2011.
- Terry AV Jr, Kutiyanawalla A, Pillai A. Age-dependent alterations in nerve growth factor (NGF)-related proteins,
sortilin, and learning and memory in rats. Physiology and Behavior 102:149-157, 2011
- Middlemore-Risher ML, Buccafusco JJ, Terry, AV, Jr. Repeated exposures to low-level chlorpyrifos results
in impairments in sustained attention and increased impulsivity in rats. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 32:415-424, 2010.
- Wilson C, Terry, AV, Jr. Neurodevelopmental Animal Models of Schizophrenia: Role in Novel Drug Discovery
and Development. Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses 4:124-137, 2010.
- Wen L, Lu YS, Zhu XH, Li XM, Woo RS, Chen YJ, Yin DM, Lai C, Terry, AV, Jr., Vazdarjanova A, Xiong WC,
mei L. Neuregulin 1 regulates pyramidal neuron activity via ErbB4 in parvalbumin-positive interneurons.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107:1211-1216, 2010.
- Buccafusco JJ, Terry AV Jr. A reversible model of the cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia
in monkeys: potential therapeutic effects of two nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonists. Biochemical
Pharmacology 78:852-862, 2009.
- Buccafusco JJ, Webster SJ, Terry, AV, Jr., Kille, N, Blessing D. Protracted Cognitive Effects Produced by
Clonidine in Macaca Nemestrina Performing a Delayed Matching Task. Psychopharmacology 202:477-485, 2009.
- Terry, AV, Jr., Warner SE, Vandenhuerk, L, Pillai, A, Mahadik SP, Zhang G, Bartlett MG. Negative Effects of
Chronic Oral Chlorpromazine and Olanzapine Treatment on the Performance of Tasks Designed to Assess Spatial
Learning and Working Memory in Rats. Neuroscience 156: 1005-1016, 2008.
- Buccafusco, J.J., Terry AV Jr.., Webster, S.J., Martin, D.M., Hohnadel, E.J., Bouchard, K.A., Warner, S.E.:
The scopolamine-reversal paradigm in rats and monkeys: The importance of computer-assisted operant conditioning
memory tasks for screening drug candidates. Psychopharmacology 199:481-494, 2008.
- Trantham-Davidson H, Vazdarjanova A, Dai R, Terry A, Bergson C. Up-regulation of calcyon results in locomotor
hyperactivity and reduced anxiety in mice. Behavioral Brain Research 189:244-249, 2008.