Selected Recent Publications
Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM. Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Ligands, Cognitive Function, and Preclinical Approaches to Drug Discovery. Nicotine and Tobacco Research 21: 383–394, 2019
- Crider A, Nelson T, Davis T, Fagan K, Vaibhav K, Luo M, Kamalasanan S, Terry AV Jr, Pillai A. Estrogen Receptor β Agonist Attenuates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Induced Changes in Social Behavior and Brain Connectivity in Mice. Molecular Neurobiology 55(9):7606-7618, 2018.
- Liu R, Crawford J, Callahan PM, Terry AV Jr, Constantinidis C, Blake DT. Intermittent stimulation in the nucleus basalis of Meynert improves sustained attention in rhesus monkeys. Neuropharmacology 137: 202-210, 2018.
- Bertrand D, Terry AV Jr. The wonderland of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Biochemical Pharmacology 151: 214–225, 2018.
- Poddar I, Callahan PM, Hernandez CM, Yang X, Bartlett MG, and Terry AV Jr. Tropisetron enhances recognition memory in rats chronically treated with risperidone or quetiapine. Biochemical Pharmacology 151: 180–187, 2018.
- Liu R, Crawford J, Callahan PM, Terry AV Jr, Constantinidis C, Blake DT. Intermittent Stimulation of the Nucleus Basalis of Meynert Improves Working Memory in Adult Monkeys. Current Biology 27:2640-2646, 2017.
- Carpenter-Hyland EP, Griffeth J, Bunting K, Terry A, Vazdarjanova A, Blake DT. Tone identification behavior in Rattus Norvergicus: muscarinic receptor blockage lowers responsiveness in non-target selective neurons while nicotinic receptor blockage selectively lowers target responses. European Journal of Neuroscience 46: 1779-1789, 2017.
- Callahan PM, Bertrand D, Bertrand S, Plagenhoef MR, Terry AV Jr. Tropisetron sensitizes α7 containing nicotinic receptors to low levels of acetylcholine in vitro and improves memory-related task performance in young and aged animals. Neuropharmacology 117:422-433, 2017.
- Pandya CD, Hoda N, Crider A, Peter D, Kutiyanawalla A, Kumar S, Ahmed AO, Turecki G, Hernandez CM, Terry AV Jr, Pillai A. Transglutaminase 2 overexpression induces depressive-like behavior and impaired TrkB signaling in mice. Molecular Psychiatry 22:745-753, 2017
- Dinkins M, Enasko J, Hernandez C, Wang G, Kong JN, Helwa I, Liu Y, Terry A Jr, Bieberich E. Neutral sphingomyelinase-2 deficiency ameliorates Alzheimer's disease pathology and improves cognition in the 5XFAD mouse. Journal of Neuroscience 36: 8653-8667, 2016.
- Gao J, Midde N, Zhu J, Terry AV, McInnes C, Chapman JM. Synthesis and biological evaluation of ranitidine analogs as multiple-target-directed cognitive enhancers for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 26: 5573–5579, 2016.
- Terry AV Jr, Plagenhoef M, and Callahan PM. Effects of the nicotinic agonist varenicline on the performance of tasks of cognition in aged and middle-aged rhesus and pigtail monkeys. Psychopharmacology 233:761-771, 2016.
- Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM, and Hernandez CM. Nicotinic Ligands as Multifunctional Agents for the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Biochemical Pharmacology 15;97(4):388-98, 2015
- Terry AV, Callahan PM, Bertrand D. R-(+) - and S-(-) - Isomers of Cotinine Augment Cholinergic Responses in vitro and in vivo. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 352:405-418, 2015.
- Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM, Schade R, Kille NJ, Plagenhoef M. Alpha 2A adrenergic receptor agonist, guanfacine, attenuates cocaine-related impairments of inhibitory response control and working memory in animal models. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 126: 63-72, 2014.
- Terry AV Jr, Callahan PM, Beck WD, Vandenhuerk L, Sinha S, Bouchard K, Schade R, Waller JL Repeated exposures to diisopropylfluorophosphate result in impairments of sustained attention and persistent alterations of inhibitory response control in rats. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 44:18-29, 2014.
- Callahan PM, Terry AV Jr, Tehim A. Effects of the nicotinic α7 receptor partial agonist GTS-21 on NMDA-glutamatergic receptor related deficits in sensorimotor gating
- Hutchings EJ, Waller JL, and Terry AV Jr. Differential chronic effects of haloperidol and risperidone on the acquisition and performance of tasks of spatial working/short term memory and sustained attention in rats. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 347:547-556, 2013
- Wilson CA, and Terry AV Jr. Variable Maternal Stress in Rats Alters Locomotor Activity, Social Behavior, and Recognition Memory in the Adult Offspring. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 104: 47-61, 2013.